Did you know…
- Over 30% of Arenac County 9th and 11th grade students reported having at least one of alcohol during the past 30 days
- Over 10% of Arenac County 7th graders reported having at least one drink of alcohol in the past 30 days
- Over 50% of 9th and 10th graders from Arenac reported getting their own alcohol by someone giving it to them during the past 30 days (Statistical information obtained from www.miphy.com)
- 19.3% of Arenac County 9th and 11th graders were offered, sold or given an illegal drug by someone at school during the past 12 months
- 16.5% of 7th graders from Arenac were offered, sold or given an illegal drug by someone at school in the past 12 months
The Arenac Drug and Alcohol Containment Task Force deals with four core measures: alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and prescription drugs.
What are the common misconceptions about prescription drug abuse?
Read more about underage drinking…
There’s a reason that prescription drugs are intended to be taken under the direction of a doctor: if used improperly they can be dangerous. Teens are making the decision to abuse prescription medicines based on misinformation. In fact, many people think that abusing prescription drugs is safer than abusing illicit drugs such as heroin. As the facts will tell you, prescription drugs can have dangerous short- and long-term health consequences when used incorrectly or by someone other than for whom they were intended.
Read more about prescription drug abuse…
Find out about what we do and what you can do to help reduce the consumption of alcohol and related problems experienced by youth throughout Arenac County.